Smorgasburg in Brooklyn: One of the Best Food Markets in NYC!
Smorgasburg is a giant outdoor food market happening weekly every Spring and Summer in Brooklyn, NYC. A great experience to try a creative, unique & the great variety of food that NYC has to offer. There’s something for everyone’s taste with up to 100 vendors. All in one place! Located in Williamsburg by the East River with great Manhattan views. There’s another one in Prospect Park as well and they added one more outside the Oculus in World Trade Center!
If you haven’t been there, Smorgasburg is a must for any New Yorker and tourist! You must experience it at least once.
When is Smorgasburg
A food market that takes place every year between April and October.
- Every Saturday in Williamsburg: Opens April 6, 2019.
- Every Sunday in Prospect Park: Opens April 7, 2019.
- Every Friday in World Trade Center: Opens April 12, 2019.
Open rain or shine!
The one in Williamsburg is the most popular one! The one in World Trade Center is much smaller but still cool to go if you’re in the area!
Williamsburg & Prospect Park: 11am to 6pm.
World Trade Center: 11:30am to 7pm.
A few things to consider before you go:
- Bring cash! Most of the vendors are cash only.
- Entrance is free (you only pay for the food/drinks you buy).
- Bring comfy shoes.
- It gets very crowded! It’s packed by noon with long lines, especially at the most famous vendors.
- Come starving so you can try a bit of everything!
- If the weather is TOO HOT, keep in mind that there is no shade! And not much space between vendors.
- Not much seating space.
- Tends to be expensive. But a great experience to try many different & unique types of food!
- It’s not a fancy market, so if you can’t stand much the “hipster vibe” then maybe this isn’t your place to go…
Some of the Most Popular Vendors
- Ramen burger
- Redhook lobster pound
- Goa taco
- Lobsterdamus (the most popular vendor in LA now in NY!)
- Pommes Frites fries
- Wowful ice cream
- Dough donuts
- Dulcinea (Churros Ice Cream Sandiwches)
- Ube Kitchen
- John’s Juice (drink from a literal watermelon!)
Where to Eat after buying your food at Smorgasburg Williamsburg
There’s a park right there with some benches.
You can walk to the North Williamsburg Ferry Station (at N 5th & N 6th St) that’s less crowded and with more benches.
You can also walk about 8 blocks to McCarren Park and sit under the shade of a tree.
Bring a blanket & sunscreen 🙂
Where is Smorgasburg
East River State Park: 90 Kent Ave. (at N 7th Street) @ Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
How to Go to Smorgasburg Williamsburg
East River (ER) Ferry
Take the ER Ferry to North Williamsburg Ferry Station.
Then walk down Kent Avenue about 2-3 blocks to the market at N 7th St.
Cost of the ferry is the same as the subway!
You can take the ferry from these Manhattan stations:
View ferry schedule here.
You can also take the ER Ferry from Dumbo, South Williamsburg, Greenpoint & Hunters Point South in Brooklyn.
By Subway: L train
Take the L train to Bedford Av. station. Then walk about 10min. down N 7th St. towards the river.
SMORGASBURG PROSPECT PARK
Prospect Park – Breeze Hill: East Drive at Lincoln Rd, Brooklyn.
SMORGASBURG WORLD TRADE CENTER
Westfield World Trade Center, Oculus Plaza. Right outside the Oculus NYC.
You can enter through Church Street (& Fulton St.).
You might want to check out:
Spring Food Markets in Manhattan: some of them have some of the vendors you’ll see at Smorgasburg.
Enjoy & follow me on Instagram here 🙂