Brief list to print out for your visit to Central Park in New York.
To read the full article with all details go to NewYorkerTips.com/Central-Park.
Top Places to Visit in Central Park
- John Lennon Memorial: Close to West 72nd St. entrance.
- Bethesda Terrace – Fountain: Middle of the park on 72nd St.
- Cherry Hill Fountain: West side of Bethesda.
- Bow Bridge: around the corner from Bethesda Fountain.
- Sheep Meadow – May to Mid-October: between 66-69th Streets.
- The Pond & Gapstow Bridge. 59th St between 5th & 6th Ave.
Activities in Central Park
- Boating: rent boats close to Bethesda, East side at 74-75th Streets.
- Bike. Rent at the entrance on 59th Street or rent the Citi Bike on Broadway & 59.
- Ice Skating in Winter
- SummerStage: free concerts in the Summer.
Where to Eat Inside Central Park
- Food trucks around the park
- Le Pain Quotidien: west side at 69th st inside the park.
- Loeb Boathouse: east side at 74-75th Sts inside the park on the lake
- Tavern on the Green: Central Park West & 65th St.
Food & Snack Shops close to the Park
- Maison Kayser: Broadway & 59th.
- Grom: Broadway & 59th.
- Whole Foods: 59th & Broadway, lower level.
- Duane Reade stores: 57th & Broadway, 57th & 6th, 58th & 8th.
Central Park For Kids
- Central Park Zoo: close to the entrance at East 65th St & 5th.
- Central Park Carousel: mid-park at 65th St.
Museums Close to Central Park
- WEST: Museum of Natural History & Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- EAST: MET Museum & Guggenheim
More Places in Central Park
- Jackqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir (biggest lake in the park): between 85-96th Streets.
- Belvedere Castle: mid-park at 79th st.
- Shakespeare Garden: west side of Belvedere Castle.
- Conservatory Garden: 5th Ave. between 104-106th Streets.