Free Movies in the Park for Kids in Manhattan: Locations, Times & Movies
Summer is a wonderful time for Kids & Families in New York! There’s so much to do, many family-friendly outdoor activities all around the city such as this amazing FREE SUMMER MOVIES happening all around Manhattan. You’ll see the Movies in the Park at NYC Parks such as Central Park, Bryant Park, Union Square and at other places like The Oculus Plaza and many more spots! Over 100 movies to have fun outside with your kids. I love NYC!
Mark your Calendars!
A few tips to enjoy the movies in the park in NYC:
- Try to arrive early to grab a good spot: first-time, first-served basis.
- Bring a blanket.
- Get some snacks.
- Alcohol drinks are not allowed.
Summer Movies in Midtown Manhattan
Free Movies in Bryant Park for Kids
Times Square – Midtown
Free Monday Night Movie-Series are all set with Movies Under the Stars!
Location: Bryant Park on 6th Ave. between 40th & 42nd Streets.
When: All Mondays from July 18 to August 20, 2018.
Time: 5-10pm. Lawn opens at 5pm. Movies being around 8-9pm.
If you get by 5pm you’re late so try arriving before that time! It gets very crowded but is still a fun family-factivity. Enjoy the Warner Brother’s cartoons before the movie starts!
- AUG. 13: Thelma and Louise (R)
- AUG. 20: The Terminator (R)
Intrepid Summer Movies
Location: Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum at Pier 86 on W 46th St. & 12th Ave.
When: through August 31, 2018.
Time: Check in begins 6-6:30. Flight deck open 7pm. Movies begin around 8:30pm.
You can book in advance here.
- AUG. 10: Ghostbusters (PG-13)
- AUG. 24: Disney Pixar’s Planes (PG)
Hudson River-Flicks Sing-Along | Pier 96
Location: Pier 96 on W 57th & Hudson River.
When: through August 23, 2018.
- AUG. 23: Disney’s Frozen
Free Summer Movies for Kids in East River
Gramercy – East River
Location: Waterside Plaza NYC on E 26th St & East River.
When: through August 28, 2018.
- AUG. 13: Labyrinth (PG)
- AUG. 20: The Wizard of Oz (PG)
- AUG. 27: From Up on Poppy Hill (PG)
- AUG. 28: Toy Story (G)
More Free Movies in Midtown
- AUG. 10: Peter Rabbit (PG) – 8-11pm | Twenty Four Sycamores Park E 60th & York Ave, Midtown East
Summer Movies in Downtown Manhattan
Family Friday at Hudson River Flicks
Location: Pier 46 – Perry St. & Hudson River.
When: through August 24, 2018.
Time: 8:30pm. Try to arrive early by 7pm.
- AUG. 3: Paddington 2
- AUG. 10: Spice World
- AUG. 17: Karate Kid
- AUG. 24: Coco
Free Movies in South Street Seaport for Kids
Location: Pier 17 Cinema Club, South St. Seaport
When: Wednesdays through Aug. 29, 2018.
Time: Doors open 6:30pm. Screening: 7:45pm.
Movies with a View:
Book your free tickets in advance here.
- AUG. 19: Minions (PG)
Free Summer Movies for Kids at the Oculus
Location: The Oculus Plaza at Westfield World Trade Center
When: August 9-11, 2018.
Time: around 7:30pm. Doors open at 5pm.
Screenings are Free but you need to book tickets in advance.
- AUG. 10: Coming to America (PG-13)
- AUG. 11: Elf (PG)
More Free Movies – Downtown
- AUG. 14: Gremlins (PG) 8-11pm | Henry M Jackson Playground Henry & Grand Sts, LES
- AUG. 21: Singin’ in the Rain (G) 8:30-10:30pm | Seward Park, E Broadway & Essex, Lower East Side
- AUG. 28: Isle of Dogs (PG-13) 8-11pm | Sol Lain Playground, Lower East Side
Free Movies in the Park | Upper Manhattan
Free Movies in Central Park
Central Park at 72nd St.
Location: In Central Park, on the landscape between Sheep Meadow & 72nd Street Cross Drive. Please enter the Park at 72nd Street at Central Park West or 5th Avenue.
When: August 9-11, 2018.
Time: gates open at 6:30pm with Live DJ. All movies begin 8pm.
- AUG. 14: Hair (PG) – 1979
- AUG. 15: Crooklyn (PG-13) – 1994
- AUG. 16: Dr. Strangelove (PG) – 1964
- AUG. 17: The Muppets Take Manhattan (G) – 1984
Free Movies on the Hudson: Pier I
Upper West Side
Location: Pier I, Riverside Park South on 70th St & Hudson River.
When: through August 22, 2018.
Time: Seating opens 6:30pm. Movies begin around 8:30pm after sunset.
Movies in the Park on the Hudson:
- AUG. 8: Summer Wars (PG)
- AUG. 15: WALL-E (G)
- AUG. 22: Up (PG)
More Free Movies in the Park @ Upper Manhattan
- AUG. 9: Isle of Dogs (PG-13) 8-11pm | Mathew P. Sapolin Playground W 70th St btw Amsterdam & West End Ave.
- AUG. 16: Fantastic Mr Fox (PG) 8-11pm | Samuel Seabury Playground, E 96th & Lexington, Upper East Side
- AUG. 18: Wonder Woman (PG-13) 8-11pm | Marx Brothers Playground, Upper East Side
- AUG. 22: Thor: Ragnarok (PG-13) 8-11pm | Booker T Washington Playground, W 108th St btw Columbus & Amsterdam, Upper West Side
- SEP. 1: A Wrinkle in Time (PG) | Frederick Douglass Park, Upper West Side
FREE MOVIES IN HARLEM & UPTOWN:
- AUG. 15: Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (PG) 8-11pm | James Weldon Johnson Playground, 115th & Lexington, East Harlem.
- AUG. 17: A Wrinkle in Time (PG) 8-11pm | Jacob Schiff Playground, W 138th & Amsterdam, W Harlem
- AUG. 21: The BFG (PG) 8-11pm | Col Charles Young Playground, Harlem
- AUG. 24: Spider-Man: Homecoming (PG-13) 8-11PM | Carmansville Playground, Sugar Hill
- AUG. 25: A Wrinkle in Time (PG) 8-11pm | St. Nicholas Playground, Harlem
- AUG. 30: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (PG-13) | Jackie Robinson Park, Sugar Hill
- AUG. 31: Black Panther (PG-13) | Hansborough Recreation Center, Harlem
- AUG. 31: Sherlock Gnomes (PG) | The Peninsula, Inwood Hill Park
Always check schedule here.
LINKS OF INTEREST:
NYC Calendar: Featured Events Month to Month
Have fun this Summer with y our Kids in NYC!