New Disney’s Exhibition is coming to NYC celebrating 90 Years of Mickey Mouse and his influence on art & pop culture. Step into Mickey Mouse’s world like never before! “Mickey: The True Original Exhibition” is opening on Nov. 8 in Meatpacking / Chelsea.
A very cool 16,000 square-foot interactive art exhibit featuring both historic and contemporary work from renowned artists. “As Walt said, ‘I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse’,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
What you’ll find inside Mickey’s Exhibition NYC:
- Welcome Room.
- Hello Mickey! Many facets of Mickey including his playful personality.
- Iconic Design: See Mickey in a whole new way.
- Oh Boy! It’s Black & White: Step into an entirely black-and-white world and immerse yourself in Mickey’s comic strips and cartoon shorts.
- Ink & Paint: Pay homage to the team of artists and painters in Disney’s legendary Ink & Paint department.
- Burst Into Color! Revel in vivid, vibrant color as we celebrate Mickey’s acclaimed technicolor debut, ‘The Band Concert’.
- Scorcerer’s Way: Transport yourself to the magical world of Walt Disney’s masterpiece and Mickey’s first feature film: ‘Fantasia’.
- Mickey Mouse Club: From 1955 to 1994, various renditions of one of the most popular variety TV shows of all time have entertained millions and produced some of the biggest stars in show business.
- 1928 Original Muse: Since his inception, Mickey has inspired artists around the world to create, reinterpret, and reimagine. The joy he elicits is expressed across genres, oceans and across time.
- The Collection: Mickey merchandise has reached legendary status. This room illustrates how tactile, functional works of art have allowed us to bring him into our everyday lives.
When is Disney’s Mickey Exhibition in NYC
Nov. 8, 2018 – Feb. 10, 2019.
Mickey’s Exhibition Tickets
Tickets: $38. Kids 3 & under: Free. They don’t need a ticket.
Book online: tickets must be purchased in advance here. Tickets won’t be available at the venue!
Arrive at or before your time slot. Keep in mind that you may need to wait for up to 20min into the indoor waiting area. Plan to arrive 20min earlier if you need to check-in your coat!
You can also just go to the pop-up retail shop!
Mickey’s Exhibition NYC Hours
Tuesday – Sunday: 10am – 8pm.
Closed on Mondays!
How long does the exhibition take to explore inside?
The whole thing can take about 90 minutes.
Mickey’s Exhibition NYC Location
60 10th Avenue between 14th & 15th St.
Meatpacking District / Chelsea.
More about Mickey Mouse 90th Anniversary Celebration
“Since his big-screen debut in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, Mickey has become the global ambassador for The Walt Disney Company. From the beloved Mickey Mouse Club to today’s Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, Mickey’s optimistic outlook and endearing personality continue to delight fans around the world every day.” Businesswire.com.
LINKS OF INTEREST:
“If you can dream it, you can do it”, Walt Disney.