Free Horse Show in the Bronx: Ride a Pony, Arts, Crafts & More!
Flying Manes Therapeutic Rides presents the 8th Annual Horse Show. Join for a day of family fun! FREE to attend! Activities include:
- Your chance to ride a pony!
- Arts & crafts
- Face painting
- Bake sale
- Silent auction
What is Flying Manes? A non-profit organization dedicated to enriching lives of individuals, faced with physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges by providing the benefits of equine-assisted activities and therapies in a safe & enjoyable environment.
When is the Horse Show
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018.
If it rains, it’ll be the following Saturday on Oct. 27!
What Time is the Event
8am to 2pm.
The Horse Show starts at 8am. It’s an exhibition where the kids show what they’ve learned throughout the year.
Activities such as pony rides, etc. are from 11am to 2pm.
Attendance is FREE but they’ll be charging for pony rides, only $5!
Where is this Horse Show
At Riverdale Stables: W 254th St & Broadway, Bronx.
HOW TO GO TO FLYING MANES – RIVERDALE STABLES
- 1 train to Van Cortlandt Park – 242nd St. + 20/25min walk.
- 1 train to 72nd St. + Bus BxM2 at 72 & Amsterdam to Riverdale Av./w 256 St.
- N/R/W to Penn St. + Bus BxM2 at 6th Ave & 35th St. to Riverdale Av./w 256 St.
- 4 train to Kingsbridge Rd. Station + Bus Bx9 to Broadway/w 256 St.
You can also take an Uber, Lyft or Juno from the subway station in the Bronx to the place 😉
LINKS OF INTEREST:
Follow my Instagram for Kids: @newyorkerkids.