Affordable Art Fair in NYC: Over 1,000 Artworks! All The Info & Tips to Go!
The Affordable Art Fair is a wonderful Art event that takes place twice a year in NYC in the months of March & September. Your chance to see tons of Art from many different artists and have access to purchase great art. You’ll find 69 local, national & international galleries exhibiting contemporary artworks. More than 400 artists featuring over 1,000 original paintings, sculptures, prints & more. So cool!
Great spot if you’re looking to find a cool painting for your home, office or to just get inspired with 2 entire levels of art!
When is the Affordable Art Fair 2019
March 28-31, 2019.
Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Affordable Art Fair in NY!
Next one: Sep. 26-29, 2019.
Affordable Art Fair Hours
- Thursday, Mar. 28 – 12pm to 6pm.
- Friday, Mar. 29 – 12pm to 8pm.
- Saturday, Mar. 30 – 11am to 8pm.
- Sunday, Mar. 31 – 11am to 5pm.
Private View: Wednesday, March 27 – 6pm to 9pm.
Art After Dark: Thursday, March 28 – 6pm to 9pm.
VIP Access for Parents with Children
Shop around the Art Fair hassle-free with the Stroller Hours! Doors will open early only for you & your little ones! Yay!
Stroller Hours is a new program presented by HeyMama, global community that empowers mothers in business.
- March 30 & 31: 10am to 11am. Parents and children-only, before opening to the public. Awesome, right?
- Click here to get Stroller Hours tickets.
It’s an indoors event which makes it easier for families with kids to enjoy the event if it’s cold, windy or raining!
Affordable Art Fair Tickets
Tickets: $10 – $70.
FREE ADMISSION: Friday, Mar. 29 – 6pm to 8pm.
- Private view: Online $70 / Door $80.
- Art After Dark: Online $30 / Door $30.
- Adult: Online $18 / Door $20.
- Students / Senior 65+: $10.
- Children under 12: FREE!
Buy tickets here. You can also purchase your tix at the venue!
How Much is the Art
Get out of your mind that you’ll find art for $5 at this place 😉
Keeping in mind that this is NYC (& everything’s expensive here!) and that many pieces of Art can cost many thousands of dollars… the word “affordable” means up to $10,000. Yep… 10k is A LOT, I know! But you can find pieces for as little as $100 from a great artist that you won’t be able to find otherwise.
Art Price Range: $100 – $10,000. You need to go as early as possible to find the cheapest artworks! This is a very popular event and it can get very crowded 😉
Some Tips Before You Go…
- Make sure to get a map of the place at the entrance of the fair when you arrive!
- Go early to beat the crowds.
- Better not waiting till the last day to go if you wanna grab the cheapest Art before they’re gone!
- Expect crowds.
- There’s a coffee shop located on Level 2 if you wanna eat or drink something.
- Once again, affordable doesn’t mean that you’ll get paintings for $5 😉 Even though that would be great!
- You are not forced to buy something if you go! So no worries. You can just watch and feel inspired.
Where is the Affordable Art Fair
Metropolitan Pavilion: 125 West 18th Street, Chelsea. 2 levels full of Art!
More About the Affordable Art Fair…
A global brand that has revolutionized and democratized the art market with its light-hearted, accessible approach. With 13 fairs in 10 cities in 2019, the Affordable Art Fair has now welcomed over 2.5 million visitors worldwide, and continues to be the art hub, showcasing some of the best affordable contemporary art available nationally and internationally, today. From the expert gallerists to the inspirational talks and educational programs, Affordable Art Fair aims to create a welcoming environment in which to discover the joy of collecting art.
A carefully curated selection of exhibitors provides fair visitors with the unique experience of discovering international galleries from places as far as Korea and Australia, Europe and UK, all the while nestled next to local staples such as Emmanuel Fremin Gallery (New York, NY) and Uprise Art (New York, NY). Fair first-timers include galleries such as Emmanuelle G (Greenwich, CT), Wolf & Nomad (Miami, FL), GALLERI RAMFJORD (Oslo, Norway) and Lime Tree Gallery (Bristol, UK).
You might also be interested in:
Enjoy & Follow me on Instagram here!