Places to Visit in New York
Broadway & 7th Ave. between 42nd & 48th St.
- Broadway Shows: how to to get cheap tickets.
- TKTS: place to buy discounted Broadway tickets on Broadway & 47th St.
- Must-See famous chain stores: M&M world, Hershey’s.
- Shopping Area.
- Nearby: Grand Central Terminal on 42nd St. & Park Ave.
- Nearby: Bryant Park on 40th & 42nd Sts. between 5th & 6th Ave.
HERALD SQUARE – PENN STATION
34th St between 7th & 5th Ave.
- Shopping Area
- Madison Square Garden
- Empire State Building
- Top things to do in Central Park
- Top things to do in Central Park with kids
- Sheep Meadow: great spot to go for a picnic in the spring / summer
- The famous Cherry Hill Fountain
- Strawberry Fields: memorial to John Lennon
- Central Park Zoo & Carousel, if you’re traveling with kids
59th St. & Broadway
- Statue of Columbus
- Famous intersection of Broadway, 8th Avenue, Central Park South & Central Park West
- Close to Columbus Circle: Lincoln Square Plaza on Columbus Ave. & 64th St.
Best of Fifth Avenue: between 59th & 42nd St.
5th Ave. between 49th & 50th St.
- Top of the Rock: you can see Central Park and the Empire State from here!
- Empire State
- One World Observatory
Area between Canal St. & Houston St. and Crosby St. & W Broadway
- Cool place to shop
- Upscale brands
- Coffee shops on Lafayette & Prince St. and on W Broadway
- World Trade Center: One World Observatory & 9/11 Memorial
- Trinity Church
- Charging Bull: popular bronze statue and financial icon
- South Street Seaport: food shops with tables outside and walking street next to East River
- Century 21
- Hudson River Walkway
- Brookfield Place Mall: tasty food shops
- Westfield World Trade Center
- Eataly Downtown (Italian Market & Restaurants).
STATUE OF LIBERTY
- South Ferry: free ferry from where you can see the statue of Liberty, but it doesn’t stop there
Between 14th & 18th St. and 5th Ave. & Park Ave. South
Triangular building. 5th Ave. & 23rd St.
- Eataly Cafe: cool Italian Coffee Spot
- Walking or by Bike. Beautiful in the evening!
- Beautiful view of Manhattan (especially at night!)
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Walkway
- Jane’s Carousel next to the river, if you’re traveling with kids
- Famous Grimaldi’s Pizza (only cash!)
- Shake Shack (avoid going to the super crowded one in Times Square)
- Click here to know when are museums free
- Top Museums chosen by tourists: MoMa, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Natural History and 9/11 Memorial Museum
Between Washington St. & Hudson St. and Gansevoort St. & 9th Ave.
- Cool Shopping Area
- The High Line
Right next to Meatpacking
- Chelsea Market: awesome food shops inside the “market”. Good spot for lunch!
- The High Line
WILLIAMSBURG – BROOKLYN
Subway L to Bedford Avenue Station.
Berry St. & Wythe St. between N 3rd & N 7th St.
- Hip area
- Few blocks with bars and food shops
- Washington Square Park
- Lots of bars and food shops on Bleecker St. & Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave.)
- Italian Stores and Restaurants
- Abyssinian Baptist Church: to hear Gospel on Sundays
ROOFTOP BARS WITH MANHATTAN VIEW
Good to go in the afternoon or in the evening/night to see all the city illuminated
- 230 Fifth Avenue
- The Standard High Line Hotel in Meatpacking (indoor and outdoor rooftop bar)
- Westlight Rooftop in Williamsburg: hip place with a terrific Manhattan view!
SHOPPING AREAS IN MANHATTAN
- Penn Station: massive brands and some upscale at Macy’s
- Fifth Avenue: upscale & massive brands
- Soho: upscale & massive brands
- Times Square: massive brands
- Union Square & 6th Avenue between 14th and 27th St.
- Financial District: massive brands
OUTLET MALLS CLOSE TO NY
- The Mills at Jersey Gardens
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
- Click here for more info about the 2 malls: how to get there and cool tips
Good in the summer
- Citi Bike: you can rent short-term per day or per week
Click on View Large Map at the top right corner for a better view